ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Venture Acceleration Program (VAP) helps early-stage entrepreneurs grow their companies. Led by experienced mentors, this ongoing 6-12 month program offers a disciplined approach to growing and taking your business to market. Participating entrepreneurs will have access to one-to-one coaching with an experienced Executive in Residence (EiR) who will take a structured approach to help you define your business model, discover product and market fit, and grow your business.
The Venture Acceleration Program is an initiative of Innovate BC. The program in the Kootenay region is also generously supported by NRC-IRAP. We are here to help you take your idea further and give you the mentorship, peer-to-peer engagement and resources you need as an early-stage entrepreneur.
- Receive 1:1 weekly mentorship from successful technology entrepreneurs
- Critically evaluate the fundamentals of your business idea
- Develop your entrepreneurial skills
- Overcome barriers to success
- Prepare your company to be investment-ready
- Network with peers who share your goals and challenges
Program Eligibility & Costs
You must meet the following criteria to qualify:
- You are an incorporated, profit-oriented small or medium sized business (SME) in Canada
- You have 500 or fewer full-time employees
You plan to pursue growth and profit by developing and commercializing innovative, technology-driven new or improved products, services or processes. Tech-enabled businesses that are using technology in an innovative way to support your business growth or pursue new markets may also qualify.
The cost of the VAP program is $200/month, an affordable and highly subsidized rate compared to executive-level consulting rates. You must be prepared to make a 6-12 month commitment, which will include up to 4 four weekly meetings per month with your EiR.
Acceptance to the VAP program is based on an application to the program followed by assessments with our team and an NRC-IRAP Advisor. Pending program fit, applicants will be offered an engagement contract and will commence on-boarding with their EiR.