What You’ll Take Away From This Program
- Build a personal board of directors to accelerate participants’ companies and careers
- Curated, intimate connection with experienced women in tech from outside of their network
- Collaborative peer to peer learning and problem solving
- An open forum to talk about wins, fears, challenges, and experiences in a safe, non-judgmental environment
- A sense of shared endeavor – there are others out there!
How The Tech Entrepreneurship Mastermind Program Works
The Format: There will be six 90 minute meetings held over three months, where a group of women will meet with an Industry expert. These will be intimate meetings as only eight women will be selected to participate in the Mastermind program. Participants may choose to attend the meetings in person at the Nelson Innovation Centre or via Zoom Conference.
Meeting Structure: The structure of each meeting will be like a personalized workshop with an Industry Expert presenting on a topic related to entrepreneurship, leadership, financial management, and more. Depending on the topic, there may be resources sent out in advance or to take home. There is a list below of the potential topic subjects.
Once the Industry Expert has presented, there will be a round-table discussion between the group members and the presenter.
Location: Participants can attend the meeting in person at the Nelson Innovation Centre, in Nelson BC or virtually via Zoom Conference.
Sample Program Topics
Here are some of the potential topics :
- Overcoming Imposter Syndrome: The Growth Mindset
- Work Life Balance, Burnout, Self-Care & Time Management
- Developing Your Leadership Voice
- Pitch Skills & Negotiation Tactics
- Identifying Personal, Business & Financial Support
- Business Planning & Financial Management
- Effects of Gender Systems on Entrepreneurship
- Sales Forecasting & Business Development