Kootenay Co-op Radio is on the hunt for a part-time Operations and Programming Manager.
The role is responsible for overseeing Kootenay Co-op Radio’s day-to-day technical and building maintenance operations, assisting programmers, and ensuring the scheduling and downloading of imported and repeat programming.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, creative and efficient, with great problem-solving skills. They will also have clear written and verbal communication skills, the ability to de-escalate conflict and to openly give and accept feedback. They will also have excellent time-management skills; and the ability to be self-directed and work effectively, with minimal supervision.
Some training will be provided, but the ideal candidate will have or learn the following core competencies quickly:
* a sound conceptual understanding of radio transmission,
* a working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
* live sound engineering
* familiarity with the Broadcasting Act and CRTC regulations related to broadcasting,
* familiarity with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada regulations, codes, and processes relevant to radio broadcasting
* familiarity with audio editing programs (Audacity, Sound Forge),
* ability to manage security and stability of a network, including backups and recovery,
* experience with training volunteers
Candidates must hold a valid drivers licence and have access to a reliable vehicle.
Read the complete job description here.