Job Description: KAST Programs Manager
Type of Employment: Full-time
Reports to: KAST Executive Director
Deadline to Apply: February 10, 2021
KAST (Kootenay Association for Science and Technology) is the hub of Kootenay tech and innovation and the only non-profit technology association serving the entire Kootenay economic region. Our mission is to enable a vibrant, thriving and healthy tech community in the Kootenays by creating inclusive economic opportunities, stimulating job growth and by providing entrepreneurs and businesses with the support they need to thrive in the local and digital economy.
To support employment equity and diversity in the workplace, we welcome all applications. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to our diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
The KAST Programs Manager will lead, manage and create professional and effective KAST programs and oversee program budgets, expenditures, data collection and reporting. This position requires a strategic grasp of complex relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders and will assist the Executive Director to operationalize KAST’s strategic priorities.
- Planning, overseeing and leading seamless, professional and effective KAST programs from ideation through to completion.
- Develop program budgets in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Monitor and manage program budgets and resource allocation.
- Present regular status updates to the Executive Director.
- Work with KAST marketing team to create and execute program marketing collateral and plans.
- Develop efficient systems to document project activities.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Evaluate the outcomes of programs as established during the planning phase.
- Nurture relationships with funders and ensure program metrics are collected and accurately reported to funders by specified deadlines in contribution agreements.
- Oversee and coordinate day-to-day aspects of programs, including activities of support staff, contractors, and community stakeholders engaged in KAST programs.
- Engage new industry, academic and community partners where necessary
- Grow and maintain positive relationships with KAST partners and stakeholders such as Selkirk Technology Access Centre (STAC), Innovate BC, NRC/IRAP, WD, Community Futures, EDOs, School Districts, Executives in Residence, consultants, etc.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or formal professional designation or 3-5 years of related work experience in appropriate area of expertise
- Experience mentoring entrepreneurs and technology start ups
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate diverse teams
- Experience leading projects of varying scope and complexity
- Live in the Kootenay region
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Previous experience in the government and non-profit sectors
- Knowledge of economic development practices in rural environments
- Possess a strong understanding of culture and business throughout the Kootenays
- Ability to work independently with limited direction and thrive in a fully-remote team environment
- Ability to establish effective administrative procedures and processes, gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills, with an ability to coordinate and manage multiple, diverse projects and meet established and often competing deadlines
- Due to COVID-19, successful candidate will be required to work from home and must have a working home office (laptop will be provided)
Location: Kootenay Region
How to Apply:
Submit the following in Word or PDF format directly to email@example.com by February 10, 2021.
- Cover letter – 1 page; format and content will be used for evaluation purposes. Please concisely articulate why you would be the best candidate for the position and why you are applying
- Resume – no longer than 2 pages
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Professional reference and criminal record checks will be conducted prior to appointing the successful candidate.