Job Description: Social Media Coordinator & Content Creator
Employment Type: 3-month remote contract position starting January 2021 (with possibility of extension after March 31, 2021)
Rate: Competitive contract based on experience and volume of content
KAST (Kootenay Association for Science & Technology) is seeking a Social Media Coordinator and Content Creator to help us manage our online presence and take our brand to the next level. Reporting to the Manager of Marketing & Communications, this is a contract position with variable monthly hours depending on current campaigns, content requirements and the needs of the organization.
The successful candidate will have a passion for the technology sector, entrepreneurship and business, and strong skills in writing, digital marketing, communications and social media. This person will be a team player with the ability to take direction well and have the confidence to take the initiative to complete tasks as assigned, be detail-oriented, be knowledgeable as well as be up to date with current social media and digital marketing trends.
Candidates must reside in the Kootenay region.
Since 1998, KAST (Kootenay Association for Science & Technology) has led our region’s economic development through technology and innovation. We are the only non-profit tech association serving the entire Kootenay region. Our main offerings are: the Venture Acceleration Program, DER3 program, Kootenay Pitch Competition, Tech Resiliency Program, Nelson Innovation Centre and GLOWS.
- Create content for KAST and Nelson Innovation Centre’s social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn.
- Create engaging and creative blog content for KAST and Nelson Innovation Centre websites.
- Create other digital content as required.
- Plan, create, and execute on social media campaigns for a wide range of programs and initiatives.
- Create and manage a monthly social media & content calendar.
- Use creative and tactical trends to drive social growth and engagement
- Measure and report on social media and blog content based on key metrics, content and campaign performance and provide suggestions for content optimization on a monthly basis.
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva to create graphic content as required.
- Demonstrate and communicate new concepts, ideas, technical and creative visions.
- Creatively and proactively engage with our audience online to drive favourable relationships and conversations.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fully-remote environment, with a working home office, computer and cell.
Experience & Qualifications
- 3+ years of social media management experience
- 3+ digital marketing and communications experience
- 3+ years of experience as a content writer
- Graphic design experience an asset but not required
- Strong writing, copy editing and storytelling skills
- Uses clear, concise and considerate language in written and oral communication
- Takes direction well and works well with others
- Self-starter who can take initiative with low supervision
- Works calmly under pressure in a rapidly changing environment and able to troubleshoot and problem-solve in a timely manner
- Proven attention to detail
- Promptly follows up/through with requests, feedback and tasks
- Ability to report on and/or analyze outcomes
- Holds self to both self-imposed and external deadlines
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter (1-page) and resume, indicating you are applying for the position of Social Media Manager & Content Creator, directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org by December 14, 2020. Interviews will take place at the beginning of January. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.