Job Description: Manager
Type of Employment: Part-time
Hours: 2-3 days a week
Deadline to Apply: August 23, 2021
KAST (Kootenay Association for Science and Technology) is the hub of Kootenay tech and innovation and the only non-profit technology association serving the entire Kootenay economic region. Our mission is to enable a vibrant, thriving and healthy tech community in the Kootenays by creating inclusive economic opportunities, stimulating job growth and by providing entrepreneurs and businesses with the support they need to thrive in the local and digital economy.
To support employment equity and diversity in the workplace, we welcome all applications. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to our diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
The Manager represents and co-leads the Kootenay Association for Science & Technology and its staff. The successful candidate is skilled in bringing together a variety of stakeholders, staff and funders to support the Association’s mandate. With expertise in business and financial management, and successful experience in working with a Board of Directors, the Manager will represent the organization across the region. The Manager is a thoughtful communicator, in meetings and in presentations and will be responsible for attracting strategic programs to the region and will continually look for projects and opportunities to enhance the vision and reputation of KAST and its key partners.
Key areas of responsibility include oversight in the following areas:
● Funder and Partnership Relations
● Strategic Programs
● Financial Management
● H.R. & Culture
● Board Relations
Please see the full job description below.
Experience & Qualifications:
Post secondary education in the areas of Business, Technology, Science, Engineering or a combination of relevant training and successful experience Demonstrated entrepreneurial/business support skills moving from startup to growth
● Ability to inspire clients, partners, staff and contractors
● Is a future-focussed strategic thinker who will identify opportunities for KAST
● Enjoys networking with funders, partners and entrepreneurs;
● Can sell ideas, gain buy-in and build vision, excitement and momentum;
● Has demonstrated financial management experience;
● Is creative and adaptable;
● Will raise the profile of the organization inside and outside of the region in order to secure funding for the organization and to engage entrepreneurs to benefit from KAST programs.
● Working knowledge of G-Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Sheets, Docs), MS Word, EXCEL, and PowerPoint, Adobe 3 Desired Knowledge, Skills and Assets:
● Experience in or knowledge of the Kootenay / B.C. technology incubator and accelerator ecosystem
● Creativity in writing, digital design or photography/videography may be an asset
● Previous experience in working effectively with a Board of Directors
Location: Nelson Innovation Center in Nelson, BC.
Must be able to travel. Travel may occasionally be requested. A valid driver’s license and access to the use of a vehicle are required. Preference will be given to candidates in the Nelson/West Kootenay area.
How to Apply:
Submit the following in Word or PDF format directly to email@example.com by August 23, 2021.
- Cover letter – 1 page; format and content will be used for evaluation purposes. Please concisely articulate why you would be the best candidate for the position and why you are applying
- Resume – no longer than 2 pages
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Professional reference and criminal record checks will be conducted prior to appointing the successful candidate.
Full Job Description: