Job Description: Events and Program Manager
Type of Employment: Full-time, Temporary until March 31, 2025 and includes benefits. For the right candidate the position may continue in a permanent role.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Nelson, BC
Deadline to Apply: May 16, 2023
KAST (Kootenay Association for Science and Technology) is the hub of Kootenay tech and innovation and the only non-profit technology association serving the entire Kootenay economic region. Our mission is to enable a vibrant, thriving and healthy tech community in the Kootenays by creating inclusive economic opportunities, stimulating job growth and by providing entrepreneurs and businesses with the support they need to thrive in the local and digital economy. We do that presently from the Nelson Innovation Centre and through programs, services, networking opportunities and events and regional partnerships.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a penchant for organization, project management and a background/interest in entrepreneurship.
KAST’s Events and Program Manager develops, communicates, and delivers initiatives throughout the Kootenays. In this role you’ll inspire our clients and partners through a variety of events and programs in collaboration with external partners and stakeholders as well as participate in the growth of the local science, technology and innovation communities by delivering meetups and events for businesses, youth and the public. The successful candidate will recruit and manage program participants and volunteers, promote events, produce engaging social media and website content, and develop exciting program materials and curricula. The Events and Program Manager works in partnership with the Executive Director to set specific operational goals and targets and secure and maintain funding for the programs assigned.
To support employment equity and diversity in the workplace, we welcome all applications. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to our diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
- Plan, oversee, manage and lead seamless, professional, and effective KAST programs from ideation through to completion, including reporting on project outcomes.
- Develop, monitor and manage program budgets in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Manage the Nelson Innovation Centre with the Executive Director.
- Cultivate and maintain stakeholder and partner relationship to promote the advancement of science and technology in the region.
- Facilitate and lead as appropriate, the development of program materials, curricula.
- Coordinate and lead events.
- Provide polished, accurate and current information about initiatives on website and social media.
- Provide representation at targeted science and tech-related events throughout the region.
- Maintain and strengthen funder relationships, identify and secure additional sponsorships and funding to support initiatives.
- Work with the Executive Director to identify and secure ongoing operational funding.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum qualifications
- Minimum 2 years’ recent leadership experience designing & coordinating events; and,
- Minimum 2 years’ recent experience in communications and social media
- Administration, operations, customer service or human resources experience would be an asset
- Creativity, digital design, or videography would be an asset
- Tech savvy and co-working experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of the regional technology sector would be an asset
- G-Suite Proficiency (Core Apps: Gmail, Sheets, Docs)
- Adobe Acrobat
- Online events management software (Eventbrite or equivalent)
- Customer Relations Management (CRM) software (Hubspot or similar)
- Travel will be required within the West Kootenay and occasionally throughout the region.
How to Apply:
Submit the following in Word or PDF format directly to email@example.com
- Cover letter – 1 page; format and content will be used for evaluation purposes. Please concisely articulate why you would be the best candidate for the position and why you are applying
- Resume – no longer than 2 pages
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Professional reference checks will be conducted prior to appointing the successful candidate.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!