The digital economy represents an opportunity to expand economic diversification through the export of digital products and services around the world. Expanding support for the digital tech sector is an opportunity to create modern, inclusive, high-paying, environmentally- and socially-responsible jobs and sustainable wealth-creation in the Kootenays.
NIC is a technology-focused business incubator that will drive regional job and wealth creation by connecting people and businesses to the supports they need to thrive in the global technology, knowledge, and innovation (tech) sector.
The NIC Community and Events Manager will manage staff and volunteers to cultivate a vibrant community of technology and knowledge workers around the Nelson Innovation Centre. This will be accomplished through the development and implementation of programming, the curation of a professional space, the execution of compelling events, the creation of community partnerships and the delivery of exceptional value for members and the general public. Key deliverables are outlined in the NIC work plan.
- Minimum 2 years’ recent leadership experience designing & coordinating high-profile events; and,
- Minimum 2 years’ recent experience in communications and social media
- Administration, operations, customer service or human resources experience would be an asset
- Creativity, digital design or videography would be an asset
- Tech savvy and co-working experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of the regional tech sector would be an asset
- G-Suite (Core Apps: Gmail, Sheets, Docs, AdWords)
- Microsoft Office suite
- Adobe Acrobat
- Online events management software (Eventbrite or equivalent)
- Customer Relations Management (CRM) software
- Travel will occasionally be required
- Cover letter(1 page; format and content will be used for evaluation purposes)
- Resume (no longer than 2 pages)
The position is full-time and permanent with a 6-month probationary period. The expected starting salary range is $45,000-50,000/year.
Close date is May 13th at 4pm. Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Note: Professional reference and criminal record checks will be conducted prior to appointing the successful candidate.