Build Your Own Start-up this Summer!
The JABC + KAST Summer Start-Up Camp will give students the knowledge and experience needed to create a start-up and pitch it to a set of potential investors. While planning out their start-up idea, participants will learn the basics for social media marketing, venture funding, public speaking, and business fundamentals.
Students will be placed in teams and work collaboratively with other students to learn about human centered design thinking, creative product development, product life cycles, e-commerce, app development and more! You will also develop your teamwork, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Grades 9-12 (as of fall 2023)
- Free of charge
- Led by local business experts
- No experience required
In this program, students will:
- Demonstrate the importance of ethical standards in business
- Systematically solve actual business challenges
- Foster positive relationships between youth and business communities
- Impart understanding of teamwork and responsibility
- Gather data, evaluate alternatives and develop a plan
- Make effective sales pitches and presentations
- Garner good communication skills
For more information about the camp, contact: Alanna Tynan at email@example.com.