Learn how to build, design and program robots using computer science, coding and robotics kits!
For the first time in GLOWS history, we’re offering our most popular event 100% virtually.
We are so excited to partner with Live It to bring you Discovery Foundation Robot Week! Students, educators and families will learn all about how to build, design and program robots using computer science, coding and robotics kits.
GLOWS (Growing & Learning Opportunities With STEAM) provides opportunities to help Kootenay youth ages 5-19 find inspiration about their post-secondary education in a variety of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) disciplines.
Robot Week Schedule:
- Monday, June 15: Build your Robot Course (video & text instructions will be provided)
- Tuesday, June 16: Create a video of your robot going through your course and submit it! (video & text instructions will be provided)
- Wednesday, June 17: Check out some other cool activities related to Robots while the videos are being judged.
- Thursday, June 18: A LIVE show & Q&A with Robot experts at 11am PST (parent or guardian required to help with asking the questions)
- Friday, June 19: Awards Ceremony – Watch the robot finalists and see who wins!
During Robot Week, you can expect:
- The OPPORTUNITY to enter the Discovery Foundation ROBOT GAMES!
- Two LIVE maker labs offered at 4 different times BEFORE Robot Week – to help you build and program your ROBOT.
- Two categories of competition: OBSTACLE COURSE MANEUVERS + SPECIAL TRICKS
- A chance to be featured in the Robot Week final episode
- Cool prizes for both Kootenay youth & contestants!
More info on this page!