KAST is hiring an Event and Administrative Assistant
KAST is now hiring a part-time Event & Administrative Assistant
Job Summary: Assists KAST in planning, promotion and presentation of a variety of events, and carrying out administrative tasks.
Location: Rossland office, with Kootenay/Boundary travel required.
Schedule: 8-10 hours/week, with a good degree of flexibility. Must be able to attend KAST events; event weeks may require additional hours.
Wage:$16/h +7% in lieu of medical benefits.
Duties & responsibilities:
Event Planning and Presentation:
- Executes administrative functions related to event preparation and presentation, including agendas, venue/catering/AV requirements, talent booking, registration, advertising and promotion and sponsor recognition, under the supervision of KAST staff.
- Basic administrative duties as required, eg. answers phone, forward calls, take messages, reception.
- Assists with mailings and contact database maintenance.
- Basic website updating.
- Proven event planning experience.
- Knowledge and experience with modern administrative office practices and procedures, computer and research skills.
- Reasonable written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Valid BC driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
To Apply: please forward resume and cover letter to Erin Handy, email@example.com or before February 3, 2012.