The Executive Director of the Kootenay Association of Science & Technology (KAST) will lead the organization to build a recognized, vibrant and prosperous technology community in the West Kootenay region of BC by providing programs to connect and solve problems for entrepreneurs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is a strong leader who will inspire clients, partners, staff and contractors;
- Is a future-focussed strategic thinker who will identify opportunities for KAST;
- Enjoys networking with funders, partners and entrepreneurs;
- Can sell ideas, gain buy-in and build vision, excitement and momentum;
- Has business expertise and an understanding of the technology industry;
- Has demonstrated financial management experience;
- Is a strong project manager and administrator;
- Is creative and adaptable;
- Has worked effectively with a Board of Directors; and
- Will raise the profile of the organization inside and outside of the region in order to secure funding for the organization and to engage entrepreneurs to benefit from KAST programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with funders, prospective funders, economic development partners, the entrepreneurial community and other stakeholders;
- Project development including identifying and evaluating project opportunities, building joint projects and managing project implementation;
- Management of MIDAS Facility, Venture Acceleration Program and Tech Talent Attraction project as well as other ongoing and emerging projects;
- Communications including community presentations, marketing and social media;
- Human resources management including managing staff and contractors;
- Operations management including financial management and ensuring the ongoing financial sustainability of KAST; and
- Liaising with and reporting to a Board of Directors.
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in the areas of Business, Technology, Science, Engineering or a combination of relevant training & experience.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial/ business skills moving from start up to growth.
- Previous experience as an Executive Director of a Non-Profit or working with a Board of Directors is an asset.
- Knowledge of the rural and provincial economic development landscape with a focus on the technology sector is an asset.
Must be able to travel. A valid driver’s licence and access to the use of a vehicle are required.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, January 19, 2018.