The BCIC-New Ventures Competition – #nvbc2017 – is more than a contest. We provide the education, mentorship, and recognition you need to move your tech venture forward.
Over $300,000 in cash and prizes for BC Tech Startups
This year we’re giving away over $300,000 in cash and prizes to the most promising tech ventures. The competition contains four elimination rounds, running from April – September. For details, see the full competition timeline.
Entries for the 2017 Competition are now open!
Deadline: April 12, 2017.
In Round 1, we’re just getting started. You’ll submit your registration and describe your business idea.
We want to know: what’s your unique technology? How does your business plan to make money? And practically speaking, we determine if you qualify for the competition.
Submission deadline: April 12 at 11PM.
- All eligible participants move on to Round 2.
- Round 2 participants announced in April.
In Round 2, participants will demonstrate that their innovative tech business can generate revenue.
Each company submits a 6-page response to questions about their business idea. The purpose is to convince the jury that their idea is feasible.
Submission deadline: May 3 at 6PM.
- 25 companies move on to Round 3.
- Top 40 announced May 29. The top 15 placing teams move to Round 3 directly.
- The next 25 teams will get coaching from the Centre4Growth and 10 will pitch their way into Round 3.
- Top 25 announced June 22.
Submission deadline: August 2 at 6PM.
- 10 companies will move on to Round 4.
- Top 10 announced August 30.
- Round 4 Top 10 Pitches: September 7 – 8.
- Winners announced on September 25 at the awards ceremony
Winners announced at our annual awards ceremony
All winners will be unveiled at the annual BCIC-New Venture Competition Awards Ceremony.
Who is eligible to enter?
The BCIC-New Ventures Competition was open to any BC resident, team or business with an innovative technology product or service. Companies cannot have raised more than $1,000,000 of financing.
For more information, check out the full eligibility requirements.
For questions about the contest, contact us.
For the comprehensive requirements for each round, please see the rules.