KAST and our East Kootenay sister agency KRIC have embarked on a targeted Manufacturing & Technology Sector (MATS) project to drive growth and expansion in the Kootenay manufacturing and technology sector.
MATS is a two-year Columbia Basin Trust initiative delivered by the Kootenay Association for Science and Technology (KAST) and the Kootenay Rockies Innovation Council (KRIC).
MATS runs from November 2011- October 2013, and includes:
- A Business Retention & Expansion (BR&E) survey
- A Virtual Incubator resource for businesses, and business mentoring & coaching services
- Peer Mentoring for targeted industry groups
- Sector-specific workshops & events
- An annual Business & Innovation Conference