KAST… solving problems for science & technology business.
KAST is a small organization: 5 full time equivalent personnel, and an annual operating budget of approx. $700,000. Focus and realistic allocation of our resources are critical to our continued success, and practice we live by. The Kootenay tech and economic development sectors are full of smart, creative and energetic people with project ideas. Please see below for the KAST board’s mandatory criteria for investment of staff time in new projects, as well as a partnership project submission process.
WHEREAS the Kootenay Association for Science and Technology has, as its current mandate, a focus on the commercialization of technology by startups and small-to-medium sized enterprises (SMEs) in the region,
THEREFORE be it resolved that KAST participation in regional projects must meet the following criteria:
- a clear prospect of strategic return on investment for both technology companies and KAST (e.g. in line with identified current priorities and needs) ;
- a clear prospect of financial return on investment for both technology companies and KAST;
- a clear focus on commercializing technology as outcome;
- a reasonable and identified path to sustainability for both the project and for KAST;
- shows evidence of meaningful collaboration among regional partner organizations;
- leverages and does not unnecessarily duplicate regional assets.
The KAST Strategic Plan outlines our goals and strategies to best work with and help science and technology businesses best succeed. Read it here: KAST One Page Business Plan 2017-2021.
Scroll below to fill out and submit your project for consideration.