If you have an idea or innovation that could Crush It! in the mining sector, this challenge is for you!
The Natural Resources Canada Crush It! Challenge promotes innovation in the mining sector. The challenge: develop a Cleantech solution that has the potential to transform how energy is used for crushing and grinding rocks in the mining industry.
Don’t delay! Deadline to submit applications: January 15, 2019
Develop the next generation of mining
Improving the crushing and grinding processes of mining will create a more sustainable mining sector. Do you have a solution that has the potential to…
Fight climate change? Develop innovative technologies to reduce energy consumption and pollution in mining.
Increase competitiveness? Increase competitiveness in the mining sector and develop world-leading clean technologies.
Transform the mining cycle? Revolutionize the mining cycle and unlock the future of mining.
A solution to help create a more sustainable mining sector
Improving the crushing and grinding processes of mining will create a more sustainable mining sector. Do you have a solution that…
- generates transformative energy savings at the mill?
- increases productivity while reducing the environmental impacts of crushing and grinding rock?
- can be scaled and applied to many operations?
- has no negative impact on downstream activities?
Who can apply?
For-profit and not-for-profit organizations such as companies, industry associations and research centres
Indigenous organizations and groups
Canadian post-secondary institutions
Independent small-scale innovators and individuals
- $10,000 for each small-scale innovator selected as one of the up to twelve (12) Challenge semi-finalists to help them pitch their ideas to the Challenge Jury (in Toronto)
- Up to $800,000 each for up to 6 finalists to build and test their cleantech solutions.
- $5 million grant to the innovator who can demonstrate the best energy breakthrough in crushing and grinding rocks
January 15, 2019: deadline to submit applications
March 2019: pitch proposal at #DisruptMining event
May 2019: top 6 announced
November 2020: final submission deadline for Challenge finalists
March 2021: final grand prize winner announced