Innovation doesn’t happen in a vacuum. It happens with ideas, insights, time — and money.
Innovate BC’s Ignite Program provides up to $300,000 to fund innovation projects in the areas of natural resources, applied science and/or engineering.
Teams made up of industry and academia come together to solve real-life business problems in a 3-year time frame. From helping get clean drinking water into third world countries to diagnosing eye diseases faster than ever before, Ignite is bringing technology to life in BC.
Focus area: Proposals must involve the areas of natural resources, applied science and/or engineering, and must outline the business problem you and your team is attacking.
Teams: Applicants must be a BC-based team comprised of two or more companies, organizations and academic researchers. All teams must include an academic member and an industry partner.
Matching funds: Projects must secure matching funds from industry or government sources at a ratio of 2:1 matching dollars to Ignite dollars.
Timing: Projects must plan to move a proposed innovation to market within a 3-year timeframe.
Key dates – Ignite Program Round 7:
- Deadline to submit Letter of Intent (LOI) to Innovate BC: January 28, 2019
- Deadline for invited applicants to submit a full proposal: April 8, 2019
- Anticipated notice of decision: Late June 2019
- Anticipated start of funding: July 2019
Steps to apply:
- Read the Program Guidelines.
- Download an Application Form.
- Contact Innovate BC to discuss your project and apply via email@example.com
View past winning Ignite projects here.