Are you seeking a tech solution for a human challenge? Or have a business idea that you want a prototype for? Tap into the talents of our graduating-year Computing students who are keen to apply their skills in real-world projects. Consider the Industry Sponsored Student Project (ISSP) program, which is also a great way to engage some possible future employees!
On-Board a Tech Team for Your next Project
In the Industry Sponsored Student Projects (ISSP) program, graduating- year students in Computing programs apply their newly acquired knowledge and skills to create viable IT or software solutions for real-world industry or business challenges.
Companies from all over Metro Vancouver and beyond are tapping into the talents of our smart, driven students, and so can you!
- A low-risk, low cost approach to your tech project
- Possibility of viable computing solutions
- A practical way to evaluate potential employees
These programs prepare students to be software developers and IT professionals.
- Computer Systems Technology Diploma
- Computer Information Technology Diploma
- Computer Systems – Bachelor of Technology
Project Terms (3 times/year):
- September and January (15-week standard terms) – students have other coursework.
- April (5-week compressed term) – students focus on working on the projects.
Scope: 400 total hours, by all students on the team
Sponsor’s participation fee: Sponsors pay $500 per project selected, per term. This fee is waived for registered NPOs.
Students’ Skills (depending on the programs and option specializations):
Programming languages and platforms
- Java, C, C++, C#, DHTML
- PHP, ASP.NET Windows, Linux
- iOS, Android
- SQL, UML
- Oracle, Apache, Cisco
- And more…
Other technical skills:
- Application software development
- Develop and maintain complex software systems that integrate scalable components
- Database, systems integration, network administration and security, web technology and cloud computing
- Ability to independently learn and adopt new tools, technologies and methods
- And more…
Suitable Projects – any software and IT projects including (but not limited to):
- Proof-of-concept apps or programs
- Web development and web apps
- Mobile apps
- Digital Games
- Network admin and security
- Task automation
- Software or systems testing and deployment
- Migration of systems to the cloud
- Software testing and deployment
- And more…
Detailed information on BCIT Industry Sponsored Student Project (ISSP) Program, such as expectations for sponsors, Intellectual Property, and submission form, is available at: bcit.ca/cas/issp.
For further enquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call: 604.453.4021.