The Columbia Basin Trust Career Internship Program provides eligible employers with up to 50 per cent of an intern’s salary (up to $25,000 over a seven to 12 month term) for full-time, career-focused positions that lead to permanent employment.
The program is intended to result in a permanent employment position once the internship ends. The Intern will be considered a full-time employee when hired, not on a short-term contract like traditional internships.
Who Can Apply
Eligible employers are businesses, registered non-profits, municipalities, regional districts and Indigenous organizations within the Columbia Basin Trust region that have a demonstrated fiscal and organizational need for an intern and wage funding. Employers must meet all other eligibility requirements.
To be eligible for the Career Internship Program, the business or organization must:
- demonstrate how this wage funding will support the organization to build capacity and achieve its business goals;
- demonstrate a fiscal and organizational need for the internship and wage funding;
- be committed to providing permanent employment within the organization or at a partneragency after the internship;
- outline the position’s key responsibilities and qualifications;
- complete a training plan that demonstrates a commitment to the Intern’s learning;
- be able to hire the Intern within three months of approval;
- not be receiving funding for the same Intern position from another wage subsidy program;
- have been in existence for more than one year;
- have a minimum of five permanent employees, excluding owners;
- be in good standing with BC Corporate Registry;
- have a WorkSafeBC account in good standing;
- adhere to labour laws; and
- be located and based in the Columbia Basin Trust region.
Now Accepting Applications
Interested? This program is first come, first served. Click here to be directed to the Trust’s online application site to complete your submission electronically.
Download the Application Guide for reference here.