The Kootenay Rockies Innovation Council (KRIC) and the Kootenay Association for Science and Technology (KAST) are seeking an energetic, creative and social media-savvy individual for a 6-month contract position related to the Manufacturing & Technology Sector (MATS) project running from April 17 to October 17, 2014.
In collaboration with and under the supervision of the MATS team, the Social Media Manager (SMM) will be responsible for the planning, delivery and maintenance of an awareness-raising social media campaign around the use of the Business Sherpa (www.businessherpa.ca) and associated business coaching services provided by KAST and KRIC.
About the Business Sherpa:
The Business Sherpa is a resource for innovative start-ups, entrepreneurs and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) across the Columbia Basin; specifically, the target audiences are those businesses working in manufacturing, technology and technology-focused professional services. Social media activities will endeavor to reach SMEs throughout the Basin, including areas remote from physical business coaching resources.
The goals of the campaign are:
- to raise broad awareness of the Business Sherpa as a resource for SMEs throughout the Columbia Basin;
- to increase usage of the Business Sherpa by SMEs to research/access resources;
- to increase usage of the Business Sherpa by SMEs to request service and engage in business coaching using the site; and
- to increase self-identification among SMEs as potential KAST or KRIC coaching clients
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
The SMM will research, write, schedule and post to the Business Sherpa Twitter feed as well as agency (KAST and KRIC) accounts, including Facebook and LinkedIn profiles and groups. Posts will be concise, informative, and include a sense of humour. Specific tasks include:
- researching interesting, business-related content for social media posting;
- scheduling of posts through the Business Sherpa;
- organising posts to promote local business specific events from KAST, KRIC, CF, BBA and other Basin business focussed agencies;
- monitoring all social media accounts in a responsive and timely manner for comments, questions, likes, shares and retweets; and
- encouraging 2-way communication.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, accountable and self-motivated
- Excellent command on the English language with supreme spelling and grammar skills
- Familiar with best practices in using Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Interest in entrepreneurship and small business
- Interest in technology and innovation
- Knowledge of the different business dynamics in the Columbia Basin vs the lower mainland
- Ability to dedicate small but frequent amounts of time to maintaining social media channels
Work is to be completed remotely. The successful applicant must provide their own computer, internet and necessary resources to meet the roles and responsibilities described above.
The position will average 6 hours/month over the 6-month contract duration, for a flat fee of $1000 ($952+GST).
To apply, email your cover letter, resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Social Media Manager” in the subject line. Applications must arrive before 10am MDT on Monday April 14, 2014.