The countdown is officially on and #BCTECH Summit 2018 is upon us at last! We are getting super excited to see everyone next week as we all enjoy getting a good dose of tech networking, exploration and inspiration.
In advance of all of us setting off for Vancouver, the folks at BCIC put together a handy guide of the top 5 things to know before you go:
It’s paperless this year, so the #BCTECH Summit app is your one-stop shop to view the agenda, create your own schedule, connect with attendees and speakers, and much more. Download the app NOW!
2. Pick up your badge early to avoid the rush!
Don’t spend your Tuesday morning waiting in line. Registration will be open from 9am to 5pm on Monday, May 14th. Just bring a photo ID to the registration centre, which is located just inside the Burrard Street Entrance of the Vancouver Convention Centre West Building. And if you’re dropping by in the evening, make sure to stick around for #BCTECH on the Terrace, which kicks off at 5pm!
We’ve got eight side-events planned before, during and after the Summit for you to enjoy. Whether you want to become a lip sync maker master, join a thought provoking discussion on Women in Tech, or celebrate at the official #BCTECH Summit After Party at Science World, there’s something for everyone to check out.
4. To-Dos at the Summit
Besides attending sessions and hearing from our incredible speakers, here are a couple more things you can add to your Summit to-do list:
- We’re offering morning Sweatworking on May 16th! Go for a run or learn some new yoga moves to start your day off right.
- Bring your used batteries to the Summit and Teck will donate the value of all zinc collectedto zinc and health programs in Kenya.
- The Electronic Recycling Association will be on site to safely and securely recycle your unwanted hard drives, phones and discs. Find them at Booth 310 in the Marketplace.
Conference life is all about the perks. As a #BCTECH Summit attendee, you’ll get exclusive access to awesome perks from our exhibitors, sponsors and partners.
Here are a few highlights:
- We’ll be serving complimentary lunches in the Marketplace on May 15 & 16, as well as coffee all day long.
- Get free admission to Science World from now until the end of May. Just show your #BCTECH Summit badge at the desk, and you’re in.
- Enter our social media contest to win two short-haul Air Canada tickets – and be quick, because the contest closes at midnight.
- Save 25% off your ticket to see the Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. San Jose Earthquakes on May 16.
- Plus, check out the Virtual Goody Bag section of the mobile app for even more perks!
Get those to-do lists ready beforehand so that you know what your game plan is for May 15 & 16! Can’t wait to see you at the Summit.