BCIC Ignite provides funding to accelerate the commercialization of new technologies and innovations in the natural resources and applied sciences sectors in British Columbia.
The program provides awards of up to $300,000 to consortia that are conducting research projects that address a significant demonstrated problem faced by industry and will commercialize a proposed innovation within a 3-year timeframe.
Deadline to Submit Letter of Intent (LOI) to BCIC: July 23, 2018
- Focus: Proposals must involve the areas of natural resources, applied science and/or engineering, and must provide a clearly articulated solution to an existing problem.
- Teams: Applicants must be a BC-based consortium comprised of two or more companies, organizations and academic researchers. All consortia must include an academic member and an industry partner.
- Matching funds: Projects must secure matching funds from industry or government sources at a ratio of 2:1 matching dollars to Ignite dollars.
- Timing: Projects must plan to move a proposed innovation to market within a 3-year timeframe
- Deadline to Submit Letter of Intent (LOI) to BCIC: July 23, 2018
- BCIC to notify applicants and invite full proposal by: August 24, 2018
- Deadline for invited applicants to submit full proposal: October 9, 2018
- Anticipated Notice of Decision: Late December 2018
- Funding Start Date: January 2019
How to Apply
- Read the 2018 Program Guidelines
- Contact Program Manager Kailyn Skuban at 604-602-5205 or email@example.com to discuss your project and the program eligibility requirements
- Download, fill out and submit a Letter of Intent by July 23, 2018.
BCIC Ignite is funded by the Natural Resources and Applied Sciences (NRAS) Endowment Fund, which was established by the Province of British Columbia to enhance the quality of life for British Columbians by building a strong research and development, advanced training, technology transfer and commercialization environment. Assessment services are provided in collaboration with the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP).